NSW Upper House Inquiry Into the Impacts of the Western Harbour and Beaches Link
Your Submission is Needed by 18th June
Over 3000 submissions were made against the Western Harbour and Beaches Link Projects. A 11,000 strong petition was submitted to Parliament along with thousands of letters expressing significant concern. The Inquiry was self-referred by the Public Works Committee themselves - they want to know if they are doing the right thing allowing this project to go ahead. Click the picture below to see the press release.
We have developed an quick guide and template for you to use. You can answer a few of the terms of reference or all of them - it's up to you. Alternatively you can include your planning submission with a cover letter that points out how your submission addresses the Terms of Reference. The only rule is that at least one of the Terms of Reference needs to be addressed.
Why should you make a Submission
There are many reasons including:
1) Wanting to save community Green Spaces
2) Keeping contaminants in the ground
3) Keeping our sporting fields usable
4) Protecting our wildlife corridors
5) Better and more sustainable planning
6) Greater transparency and accountability
7) Making sure your area and concerns aren't ignored - other areas are speaking up
8) Protecting Aboriginal and Natural Heritage
9) This is likely our last chance to have a real say
10) The projects just don't add up
Want to include more specific information?
You can include information from your previous submission, quote from our or others planning submission or take a look at our Beaches Link Objection Guides (scroll down on page) for more information. Objection guides relate to Terms of Reference as follows.
Transparency of Cost Benefits (a,c,d,e,h)
Tolls and Traffic (e and g)
Contamination and Risk (c, j and l)
Health and Wellbeing (k, l, m)
Ground Impact and Property (j,k,l)
Green Spaces and Biodiversity (j)
Climate and Sustainability (j)
Or look at our analysis guides for the Western Harbour Tunnel Here.
For quick links to submissions from various groups and areas please go to Tunnel Concerned Communities Website.